Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

I just need to say, YAY I am done with finals! And the grades are looking good so far. And Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there.

This baby is my early birthday present
I used to sit in this which was bad on my back, so I had been seriously considering investing in a quality chair. Just when I was going to buy the above chair my parents offered to get it for me as an early birthday present, for which I am thankful.
When it rains it pours well another lady I know was pregnant and she also had a baby girl, she decided not to find out ahead of time whether the baby was a boy or girl so I waited as well before making the baby gift. Well I did not think this idea through well enough for the baby arrived in the middle of my finals so I had to make a small present, a bonnet and bootie set. I got the pattern for these as well as a little coat, blanket and pillow (there are 2 versions of the booties one embellished & one not) I got all these for the low price of 99¢ the pattern is called Girl's Layette.
I had to stuff the booties with tissue paper to make them look right.
I originally planned to make these for myself but they ended up being a gift for a girlfriend’s birthday.
Back view of them, and no I have yet to receive a response to my request to post an English Version of the pattern yet.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Advance Happy Birthday...that's a beautiful chair!
The baby set is so cute, and the potholders too ;)