Monday, December 29, 2008

Dragon Bag

Alright since it has been so long since I have last posted I have decided to do many small posts to catch up on my recent and not so recent projects. The only thing I am going to say about my long silence is that work is harder then being in college and more time consuming.

I came across this book a while back in my public library and instantly fell in love with it. I love fanciful creatures in books so it is no surprise I like them in quilts. I decided to make the dragon shown in this book with leftover scraps.

It took me a day to cut out the pieces from fabric, and then it took a day to assemble the dragon. I was left wondering what to do with this dragon.

Many months later while in a quilt shop with my mother she came across a bag that said there was going to be a class to make the bag. She instantly decided she wanted to go to the class. I was then told that there needed to be four people to make the class a large enough size for it to take place. My mom stated to give me the look that says, “you want to make this bag don’t you!”. I eventually agreed and decided to make the dragon patch into this bag.

I ended up with this as my final product. I did not pre wash the red material though and was worried that it would run into the dragon part. After much sweating, and fabric treating the bag turned out fine.

Here is the back side of the bag.

Here is a look into the bag; I couldn’t resist using it before I got my pictures.

Well by now you might be wondering what did your mom’s bag turn out like. Here is her version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the dragon. It's beautiful even on its own. :)

Booyor said...

This is a great site. I love when you do the "how to" steps. You may not know this, but I like to crochet.