Saturday, November 25, 2006

Larynx, Coasters, & Bookmark


This larynx I made for my speech anatomy class, we had to make model larynxes to receive extra credit. I am happy to report that I received all the points possible for this extra credit endeavor. This was very challenging but I kept pulling out the thread and redoing it till it looked right, there are still things about it that I now would improve if I had the time.




I am trying to clear out my stash and I had some blue cotton yarn, I by chance came across Drew Emborsky aka The Crochet Dude's Glass Flip Flop Coasters. Thus inspired I bought some white cotton yarn and proceeded to make flip flops approximately 20 of them. For the only time we use the right glasses for these coasters is around thanksgiving (not for alcohol but for sparkling cider) and there are a lot of us around when it is thanksgiving therefore I had to make a lot, another good way to use up my stash.

Another view with the glass


This bookmark is one of the most unique I have come across and I just had to make it. I know there is a bible verse that reminds me of this bookmark but I could not find it when I looked.

2 comments:

blueyes_crochet said...

Heather,

I found this pattern on ebay, someone took it out of a magazine and sold it, otherwise I would give you the pattern I tried to find another one on ebay but could not locate one. Though it is really simple and I will say it has a lot of picots, if you continue to have problems with creating one give me an email @ ajsblu_eyes@cox.net.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

A lovely blog with a lot of pretty patterns.The wheat stem bookmark is just wonderful.Could be made in green colour to look like a rice stem.The snow flakes too are very very good.